MEMBERS of the Philippine U14 Girl’s Football Team are back in the country Thursday after finishing with a 3-5 win-loss card in the just concluded Asean Football Confederation (AFC) Festival of Football played in Vietnam.
After posting a 2-3 record on Monday, the young Filipinas only snatched a victory in their last three games on Tuesday to end their campaign at 3-5.
The nationals blanked Guam 3-0 in their last outing but bowed to South Korea, 0-8 and forced a draw with host Vietnam, 2-all, but the team lost on aggregate points.
This is the second year that the nationals joined this prestigious event.
According to the Philippine Football Federation (PFF) Women’s Committee, the participation of the young national team is part of its long term program to uplift the quality of the ladies’ game in the county.
The national team is composed of 22 members, seven of whom comes from Negros Occidental.
The 22 girls who comprise the Malditillas are:
- Riza Isabelle Rodriguez Carmona
- Mary Jojiel Dechimo Junco
- Janice Uy Pia Samillano
- Edniela May Salem Sijub
- Noelle Mikaela Leonardia De Asis
- Irish Oliveros Navaja
- Thea Claire Javellana Concepcion
- Joannah Marie Embalsado Adao
- Michaela Celine Syliangco Adriano
- Cassandra Bleu Vanessa Hassig Alleje
- Alexi Nina Bolcan Arrieta
- Shannon Alaine Guevarra Arthur
- Janna Raizel Teruel Barcemo
- Martie Cinelle Adigue Bautista
- Maria Teresa Galvez Bernardo
- Louise Gabrielle Macabenta Del Fierro
- Ma. Pamela Denise Sta. Ana Diaz
- Karissa Mariel Syliangco Enriquez
- Kristiana Ciara Bollozos Pickering
- February Gae Aragon Saluria
- Ma. Beatrice Isobel Castaños Velasco
- Nina Ricci Sausi Yanto
Directing the team is head coach Robert Manlulo while Melissa Chris Marquez is the team’s goalkeeping coach and Rafael Lizares Jr. serves as team manager. (JSG)
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on June 16, 2011.